Video Commentary


Over the weekend I watched a video/documentary about logo design. So I just wanted to give a little talk/commentary about the video and what felt guring the video and what I feel about it now.

To give a summary of this video, the videowas about this logo designer and he was sent a logo challenge to make a logo challenage that's not to modern but still make the logo look cool. So he was going through the steps of logo design with also talking briefly about typography.

What I thought of the video is that for logo design their are many steps to it and their is going to be failures along the way. That's why logo designers take so much time perfecting their work. For instance the first step would be write what needs to be in the logo. Then you sketch little rough drafts to see what the logo should looks like. Personally I don't think that I would take time on a logo, so i guess that logo design is not for me. But people do this for their job and get paid for doing a good job. Although the video was some what inspiring in way, meaning that their were some points in the video  that I thought that were meaningful to me.

In the video when the guy was showing all the different logo books and other merch, I thought you learn alot doing design in gerenal because the guy in the video was basically saying that even old books have potential to be learned from. Even then thoughs books had a bunch of logo design so if your doing any design for yourself then most of the time you need inspiration to even get started.
Although even doing a logo for a company you need some inspiration so you can expand your creativity.Why I'm saying this is because inspiration is so difficult for me.
For example I write books/fanfictions but the inspiration to keep writing dies out very quickly and then I have new ideas for new books. This is just a easy example that I could think of.

Overall this was a fairly good video. Showing all the steps to logo design in breif detail and giving tips in parts of the video. Then in the begining and also the end he talk a little about himself which is kind of cool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinterest Image Critique